My New Year’s Resolutions
1. I will not buy a single book until July 2009. Since it’s so easy to click the “Add to Cart” button on my Amazon Wish List, I spend way too much money on books. My wife keeps telling me that I have plenty of books to read on my bookshelf. And she’s right. I have over 70 books that I haven’t read yet. I don’t need to buy more books. (I pre-ordered some books on Dec. 31, so receiving new books before July doesn’t count.) 😉
2. I will alternate between reading books by my favorite authors and reading new-to-me authors.
3. I will post to my blog at least once a week.
4. I will read the following new-to-me authors, which I’ve had on my TBR bookshelf for over a year:
A Killing Frost – Michael Black
When One Man Dies – Dave White
Speak of the Devil – Richard Hawke
Citizen Vince – Jess Walter
The Devil’s Redhead – David Corbett
Sidetracked – Henning Mankell
Don’t Look Back – Karin Fossum
Out – Natsuo Kirino
Mr. Clarinet – Nick Stone
Cypress Grove – James Sallis
5. I will set aside a chunk of time each weekday (between a half-hour to an hour) just to read. Since I enjoying reading so much, it’s important that I make time for it. On occasion, some books may not appear as appealing, simply because of my piecemeal reading. Instead, I want to take more time to really get into the book, before having to put it down.